I’ve been tagged by Greg Cruey, who came across this at Clif’s Notes recently.
Summer can be a great time for professional development. It is an opportunity to learn more about a topic, read a particular work or the works of a particular author, beef up an existing unit of instruction, advance one’s technical skills, work on that advanced degree or certification, pick up a new hobby, and finish many of the other items on our ever-growing To Do Lists. Let’s make Summer 2009 a time when we actually get to accomplish a few of those things and enjoy the thrill of marking them off our lists.
NOTE: You do NOT have to wait to be tagged to participate in this meme.
* Pick 1-3 professional development goals and commit to achieving them this summer.
* For the purposes of this activity the end of summer will be Labor Day (09/07/09).
* Post the above directions along with your 1-3 goals on your blog.
* Title your post Professional Development Meme 2009 and link back/trackback to http://clifmims.com/blog/archives/2447.
* Use the following tag/ keyword/ category on your post: pdmeme09.
* Tag 5-8 others to participate in the meme.
* Achieve your goals and “develop professionally.”
* Commit to sharing your results on your blog during early or mid-September.
- Read the book Why Students Don’t Like School and participate in the book club conversation around it over at Dangerously Irrelevant
- Become more familiar with the new courses I will be teaching come September, including understanding the learning evaluation situations that go along with them
Ethics and Religous Culture, Current World Events, the new History program, and Visual Arts
- Develop a personal website to house my blogs and class pages in one space