Jonathan Becker boldly reflects on LeaderTalk:
However, what troubles me more is the mounting evidence that even where we have managed to create diverse/integrated schools, there is extensive within-school segregation by race. For example, students of colour are disproportionately:
- overrepresented in special education;
- underrepresented in gifted and talented programs;
- underrepresented in the highest level academic tracks (including AP courses);
- overrepresented in the population of students subject to serious discipline (suspension, expulsion, etc.);
- under-served by highly qualified and/or highly experienced teachers.
Collectively, at the very least, I believe that these empirical facts amount to a violation of the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.
Powered by ScribeFire.
I made a Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day video that I think EVERYONE will enjoy. It’s really short, and should put a smile on your face.
Happy Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day everybody