Image licensed from CagleCartoons.com copyright Daryl Cagle, All Rights Reserved.
I’ve been seeing this image more and more lately, each time I smirk, shake my head. It provokes a number of thoughts:
beginning with, defensively….
- Why is it ok to yell at teachers?
- Why blame the teacher for a student’s failure?
- How/when did this accountability transition happen?
but soon morphing into…
- Are the parents/student upset because they were surprised?
- If so, do you blame them?
- I like that teachers are more approachable now, though I think the teacher has a responsibility to manage communication more effectively so that we don’t get a blast in the face from angry parents.
What do you think?