- Bridging the online / offline / simultaneous teaching gap
In Quebec, all students are expected to be in school under normal ratios, that means the same teacher:student ratio in effect at a given school […]
- A back-to-school like no other
On Thursday morning, someone from CBC News contacted me for a live interview later that afternoon. It was to talk about back-to-school in Quebec and […]
- Day 1 – Trauma, Mental Health, & our Students
This week a friend of mine challenged me to do 25 pushups for 25 days as a way of raising awareness for mental wellness issues […]
- Checking ourselves. When good teachers are racist.
Close to 15 years ago, I became friends with a teacher in South Burlington, Vermont. She was a master at differentiation and I met her […]
- When we talk, when we listen. We get better together. (epilogue)
A story in 3 parts – epilogue I already posted an article earlier today called English Sector Exclusion: A story in 3 parts and I don’t […]
- English Sector Exclusion: A story in 3 parts.
Part 3 Yesterday afternoon I was forwarded this questionnaire by a colleague in another province. I was attracted by the headline because I thought it was important […]
- How you Zooming?
When we were told to keep in contact with our students, it didn’t have to all be via Zoom. I was reading through the comments […]
- Revisiting Designing Webinars that Matter
I originally wrote this back in December, on another blog. At the time, webinars were just a thing some of us did sometimes. Who knew […]
- Well-being of children and opening schools
Yesterday afternoon, the Quebec government announced the reopening of schools during this current worldwide pandemic. Last week, they suggested as much, citing herd immunity as […]
- Learning (or should we call it connecting?) Online in Troubled Times
Yes. Especially at this tumultuous (yet, for some lucky people, incredibly boring) point in time, we need to be talking about connection when it comes […]
- Caring for each other and being safe. It’s ok to take a break from school learning.
In Quebec, teachers have been told not to teach while the schools are closed for this initial 2-week period (it is hard to believe it […]