Transitions in a sentence

September 19, 2010 at 10:18 am
filed under Connecting, Day in a sentence

I am finding that this is a time of many transitions for me!

From summer to school (and to autumn),
From Grade 11 to Kindergarten,
From English to French,

and here is one last big transition for me:

Most of us go through transitions at this time of year. What are yours?

Feel free to write your sentence in any form, include images, sound, whatever you like to illustrate your transitions.
As always, commenting will be moderated until next weekend when the sentences go public.

I’m looking forward to reading them!

22 comments

RSS / trackback

respond

1. tracyrosen (tracyrosen)

on September 19, 2010 at 10:25 am

Twitter Comment

New post – call for sentences: Transitions in a Sentence! [link to post]

Posted using Chat Catcher

2. dogtrax (KevinHodgson)

on September 19, 2010 at 11:09 am

Twitter Comment

@tracyrosen Nice picture there. Big transition not far away?

Posted using Chat Catcher

3. Michael Doyle

on September 19, 2010 at 1:52 pm

Congratulations! I can’t wait for years of stories I hope you share.

4. Kevin Hodgson

on September 21, 2010 at 6:27 am

The cold air last night blew in a slight hint of winter, and our aging cat, Coltrane, finally came in for the night after six months of open-air living.

–Kevin

5. Gail P

on September 21, 2010 at 6:35 am

Making the autumnal change in culinary mindset means using the oven much more and trying to have fun with the longer food prep time.

6. Anne Mirtschin

on September 21, 2010 at 6:38 am

From the frantic stress of week 10, term 3
    To the spring holidays for two weeks
    From the farm I live on
    To the magnificent Australian outback
    For several days camping in the Flinders Ranges
    To relax, wind down and get ready for the final term of our school year.

7. Aram Kabodian

on September 21, 2010 at 10:14 am

I’m beginning new relationships with 120 seventh graders (and an intern) as both of my own children journey out west, exploring, which will probably transform my relationship with my wife…and so it goes.

8. Mary in Missouri

on September 21, 2010 at 10:16 am

Oldest of 10-Our 92 yr. old mother went to a better place of no pain and suffering this week.

9. Mary in Missouri

on September 21, 2010 at 10:19 am

Tracy,
    Congratulations on the wonderful event of welcoming a new child into your family.

10. sara p-c

on September 21, 2010 at 11:05 am

i am adrift from day to day right now, caring for my peaceful 2-month old baby girl without the solidity of “weekday” or “weekend”; at the same time, i feel the tidal pull of simplicity, a strong urge to declutter, divest, and reclaim life.

11. April Niemela

on September 21, 2010 at 3:11 pm

Relinquishing my classroom to a student teacher this semester, especially when my classes are so freakin’ awesome, is much more difficult than I thought it would be…

12. Delaine Zody

on September 21, 2010 at 3:20 pm

I am transitioning back into the world of work, away from the classroom, working two days a week for a microfinance startup.

13. Tracy Hosts Day in a Sentence, as transition | Kevin's Meandering Mind

on September 22, 2010 at 5:34 am

[…] Over at Tracy’s blog, Leading from the Heart, she has posted this week’s call for Days in a Sentence, but with a theme of transitions (See her picture to understand the big transition coming in the […]

14. Bonnie K

on September 22, 2010 at 6:55 am

Great photo, great topic and as we move over to my blog Tracey, I hope you take up the challenge to collaborate with me in sharing more of the hosting. What do you think??

Here’s my sentence…
    It’s September and I’m in a great state of transition and loving it beginning with the Jewish holidays and moving into my work and play life. I love summer and welcome fall.
    Bonnie

15. Ben@TIC

on September 22, 2010 at 8:29 am

Thus, the leaves were changing.

16. Bill Gaskins

on September 22, 2010 at 8:36 pm

Monday to Tuesday to Wednesday, the tipping point to the end of the week. It is down hill now!

17. Amanda

on September 22, 2010 at 9:26 pm

We’re in a sweet stage of transition – from infanthood to toddlerhood, and splendidly settled into this Mama’s second year teaching a part-time schedule! What’s better than sweet snuggles before afternoon rest time?!

18. Lynn Jacobs

on September 25, 2010 at 7:02 am

It’s been another long week of twelve-year-old rambunctiousness taken to the extreme, resulting in very little fun for their teacher, who is extremely thankful that the weather has at least cooled off.

19. Linda704

on September 25, 2010 at 8:54 pm

That is some transition! Congratulations!

20. Catherine Lee, Dock Systems

on September 25, 2010 at 9:17 pm

That is indeed a big transition from woman to wife to mother. Goodluck to you. :)

21. Day in a Sentence – transitioning into a new year

on September 26, 2010 at 6:58 am

[…] Last week I reflected on my own transitions and asked how yours were going. Here are your responses, your transitions in a sentence. Oh, and please, if you didn’t manage to add your sentence to the list last week, do add it to the comments! I love reading what you have to say – the experiences of others always add to my own :) […]

22. Jose Vilson

on October 13, 2010 at 8:02 pm

Usually, I’m a little more keen than this, so pardon, but belly?! NICE!