by Tracy Rosen, teaching & consulting since 1996, blogging about it here since 2007. All views are my own.
I’ve received quite a bit of response from my plea for help in organizing a workshop I’ve been asked to give on integrating technology into secondary classrooms (2 workshops, one in English one in French) – Thank you :)
I’ll be using Teaching is a Verb – Enseigner, C’est Agir to share information with the workshop participants. The workshops will mainly be centred around digital storytelling in the content areas – I figured this was the easiest way to address the task I was given, “Can you put together a workshop on integrating technology in the High School Language Arts, History, and Science classes? Oh, and can you do a second one for French teachers? Thanks.”
At this point I have a whole slew of online resources to offer the teachers and to help organize my thoughts on the matter. I found a great Firefox add-on called Send Tab URLs that helped me to make a list of the resources I’ve collected so far.
There are a few examples of teaching and student practice among these links so far. I’d love to find more! The more I can show my teachers the better. The teachers who will be participating are already interested in the topic so theory will be kept to a bare minimum, though I’ll be able to direct anyone who is interested to the blog I am creating for any theory they want (I love theory :)
What they want is to see what it looks like in a classroom. I can show them final products, I can show them where to go to find different applications, but what I need to show them is what it looks like. If anyone has any resources for that, I’ll love you forever :)
From Send Tab URLs (38 links)
- The View From Here: Teaching the New Writing – Book
- Confessions of an Aca/Fan: Archives: How New Media is Transforming Storytelling: A New Video Series
- How to create …. – Digital Storytelling – Resources for assignments at University of Wollongong Library
- Secondary Cycle Two
- Technology Tools
- Tutoriel pour créer un montage vidéo avec Windows Movie Maker – TIC@le: TIC, langues et formation des enseignant(e)s
- Carrefour éducation
- Voicethread – FrankTechCamp2010
- Web 2.0 @ School – DigitalStorytelling
- Your Brain on Computers – Studying the Brain Off the Grid, Professors Find Clarity – NYTimes.com
- Center for Digital Storytelling
- Technology integration
- What motivates us to do good?
- edbuzz.org » Teacher Resources
- Aberth Digital Storytelling — digital storytelling, participatory media and easing access to mass media for public expression
- What does exemplary technology infused Math instruction look like? (Middle & High School) | Welcome to NCS-Tech!
- Alternative Assessment with VoiceThread
- Google Forms for Assessment, Evaluation, and Reflection
- VoiceThread as a Digital Portfolio « TeachingSagittarian
- N°482 – Le Web 2.0 et l’école – Le Cercle de Recherche et d’Action Pédagogiques et les Cahiers pédagogiques
- Free Technology for Teachers: 140 New Things Being Tried In Classrooms This Fall
- Free Technology for Teachers: Free Downloads
- Edmodo | Secure Social Learning Network for Teachers and Students
- digitalstorytelling – home
- digitalstoryca’s Bookmarks on Delicious
- monarchlibrary – digitalstorytelling